Wednesday 17 October 2012

Luscious Cosmetics 12pc Deluxe Diva Brush Set


As-salaam O Alaikum Girls,
Today I will review the Luscious Cosmetics 12pc Deluxe Diva Brush Set. I got this brush set back in February so I have been using it for the past 8 months almost.
So do you think this would qualify an honest review?? ;)
LoL. Anyways, to the review now.
What Luscious Cosmetics have to say about their make-up Deluxe Diva Brush Set:
A deluxe, twelve-piece brush collection for the diva who’s got to have it all. This brush set includes 12 luxury brushes for creating a professional, polished makeup application. It includes a face powder brush, a blush brush, a lip brush, a brow brush, a concealer brush, and seven professional eyeshadow brushes. This set comes with its own luxurious faux leather carrying case.
These high quality brushes have sleek handles and top high-quality synthetic and natural hair.
Luscious makeup brushes are 100% cruelty free and are made from high-quality synthetic and natural hair.
The carry case the brushes come in.
Inside the leather carry case
The Leather Carry case for the brushes is really nice and handy. Since the purses/bags nowadays being used by girls are pretty spacious, you can even carry these brushes around easily (not for small sized purses). I usually am able to easily take it with me whenever I go to stay at my mom's place for a couple of days (without extra baggage). The only negative issue with the carry case is that since I live near the sea, my pouch has started to get white patches on it (like you usually get on leather stuff). I have to keep it covered for time being. Need to polish it soon. Now the brushes.
Brushes Close-up
Brushes Close-up
Sorry I could not take close-ups of brushes individually. My camera is not too good. You can check the individual brushes pictures on Luscious Cosmetics website, here.  The brushes are all individually wrapped in a plastic cover for added protection, as you can see in the pictures. Below are the brushes names which come in this set and my opinion about each of them:
ANGLED EYEBROW BRUSH: This seems to be a very nice brush but since I have no use for it, it is still in its packing. It has very soft, slightly firm bristles. I rarely make eye-brows (I know it looks nice on complete make-up but am too lazy to do.. working on it nowadays). Sometimes when I do make them I use a brush and comb eyebrow duo (no brand, randomly picked from a cosmetic shop).
ANGLED LIP BRUSH: This is a firm small angled brush. Again I do not use the lip brush to apply lip sticks. This is sealed too. I apply lipsticks directly and most of the glosses I have are either in a tube or with an applicator. Maybe one of these days I just might try it.
EYELINER BRUSH: Again very soft and slightly firm bristles. I usually use pencil or liquid eye-liners so never required this. Though I did use it a couple of times to apply cream shadow. It picked up the shadow beautifully but unfortunately the quality of my cream shadow was not too good to stick to my eyes in a beautiful line. The brush itself is soft and perfect to use as a liner. Not too harsh for eyes. I also sometimes use it for applying shadow to my lower lids.
SMUDGE BRUSH: This is my least favorite brush. I found it too harsh for smudging. Whenever I tried, it scratched my skin a little. I also did not like the smudging it did. I felt it took away too much product leaving some areas showing skin instead of shadow.
PENCIL BRUSH: This brush is slightly bigger then shown in the picture on the website and a bit more fluffy. I usually use this brush for smudging and blending around the corners of the eyes. I found the bristles of this brush slightly harsher as compared to other brushes.
SHADER BRUSH: This is a very soft brush. I usually use it for putting shadow on my lower lid and for outer corner of the eye. I find it to be too flexible for precise lines so using it already gives a bit blended, smudged look. It nicely picks up enough product to get the initial shadow on.
FLAT ROUNDED EYESHADOW BRUSH: This brush is very stiff and comparatively bigger then shown in the picture on the website. The bristles are very soft though. I am posting the picture of this brush so you guys can get an idea. Due to its size and stiffness I have hardly used this brush. My lid is small so my go to brush for applying the shadow on the lid is the Fluff Brush. Sorry for the picture quality.
Flat Rounded Eye-Shadow Brush
MEDIUM TAPERED EYESHADOW BRUSH: This brush had me a bit confused. The one shown on the website is not at all similar to the brush I got and since it was the only odd one out, I am assuming its the same brush. This is almost the same size as Flat Rounded Eye-Shadow brush but much softer, flexible and angled. I use this for my crease blending especially when I am in a hurry. It easily swipes from crease to half of brow bone. Sometimes the bristles feel a little sharp and irritate (as in pointy while applying) but not too much. I am posting its picture too so you can see for yourself. :)
Medium Tapered Eye-Shadow Brush
FLUFF BRUSH: This is my go to brush. Whenever I am in a hurry (which I usually am), I just take it out, swipe the shadow I want and pat it on my lid. After I have put on the desired amount, I use this same brush for blending it out all over the lid.  Its picks up the product beautifully and usually does not require me to do more then two swipes (also it depends on the quality of your eye-shadows too i.e. how soft and pigmented they are). Due to my abuse of this brush, the bristles are now getting a little too scratchy. Will have to figure something out to soften them again. There may be another reason for the brushes getting so scratchy. Will let you know in the end.
EYESHADOW BLENDING BRUSH: I absolutely love this brush!!! I use it for blending, for applying shadow on my brow bone and for removing shadow fall outs from under my eyes. This is a lovely soft, bristly brush which picks up a lot of product in a single swipe and blends it in beautifully. Love it!!!
BLUSH BRUSH: Another one of my favorite brushes. This is one of my must haves at all times. Picks a generous amount of product. Blends beautifully. I use it for applying blushes, contouring and highlighting.
FACE POWDER BRUSH: A very soft, fluffy brush. Amazing for applying face powder all over the face and blending it out. Though call me a bit paranoid but usually I apply a generous amount of face powder with the powder puff (because I never feel satisfied with the coverage I get from powder brush) and then blend it out with this brush. If I am in a hurry I just apply from this for sheer coverage.
All of the above brushes are of really good quality. Another reason I feel my brushes may be becoming a bit scratchy is because I get hard-saltish water at my place. It may be effecting the quality of the brushes since my hair and clothes already are very bad because of this water. I will wash them at mom's house this time to see the difference. The fallout after each wash is bare-minimum. You will hardly notice it.
Overall, would I recommend it to you guys? Yes I would for anyone who is new to make-up and want to feel the difference good quality brushes bring to your make-up at a reasonable price (though I think the previous price was very reasonable as compared to now). Considering majority of the brushes available in Karachi shops, these are close to the best quality available in terms of packaging, result, availability and durability. The price for Deluxe Diva Brush Set is PKR 2350/- If any shop sells you for more, I recommend ordering online. :)
That is it for now girls. If any of you has used these brushes or heard about them Or if you feel need to correct me in anything I have written, do let me know. :)
Till next time.. Take care.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment